NLT and Austunnel provided a network-based system for alarms and emergency communications for the Forrestfield Airport Link Tunnel in Perth, Australia. The system is designed to provide communication redundancy, a comprehensive alarm system, Wi-Fi coverage, and Wi-Fi tracking for over 400 personnel and vehicles. The system was designed to meet the safety requirements of the operation, which included installation of backup communications and emergency alarms. The NLT system enables tracking of personnel by zones and groups, and allows dedicated alarms to be set for each station.
Forrestfield Airport Link is a $2B state government project to provide a train line, to provide access from the Perth Foothills and Perth Airport (PER) to the existing rail system. The rail link is 8km of underground tunnels passing under the Swan River and Tonkin Highway, and is expected to be completed in 2020. The rail tunnel will have 3 stations.
- •50x Wi-Fi IP radios for emergency communication
- 48x NLT N-Connex Alarm modules
- NLT Digital Mine tracking and alarm software
- 25x NLT Bolt PoE wireless access points
- 400x Wi-Fi Tracking Tags
- Integration with FactoryTalk, local network, and primary
- Pre-engineering, supply, and commissioning services